Welcome to Masobe Books!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Masobe Books’ Website, located at www.masobebooks.com.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Masobe Books if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person logged on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing laws of Nigeria. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Copyright and Ownership
The Sites are owned and operated by Masobe and its affiliates and vendors. All of the content featured, displayed or offered for sale on the Sites, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations, software and any other content (collectively, the “Content”), is owned by Masobe Books, its licensors, vendors and/or its content providers. All elements of the Sites, including but not limited to the general design and the Content, are protected by trade dress, copyright, moral rights, trademark and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. Each of the Sites may only be used for the intended purpose for which such Site is being made available. Except as may be otherwise indicated in specific documents within the Sites, you are authorized to view, play, print and download documents, audio and video found on our Sites for personal, informational, and non-commercial purposes only. You may not modify any of the materials and you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information or work contained on the Sites. Except as permitted under applicable copyright laws, you are responsible for obtaining permission before reusing any copyrighted material that is available on the Sites. For purposes of these terms, the use of any such material on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited. You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of the Sites. The Sites, the Content and all related rights shall remain the exclusive property of Masobe Books and its licensors unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing. You will not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices from material found on the Sites.
Masobe Books grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and make personal, non-commercial use of the Sites or their Content and not to download (other than page caching or unless otherwise allowed by PRH or permitted by law) or modify all or any portion of the Sites and their Content.
Unless otherwise stated, Masobe Books and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Masobe Books. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Masobe Books for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from Masobe Books
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Masobe Books
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Masobe Books
- Redistribute content from Masobe Books
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Masobe Books does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Masobe Books, its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Masobe Books shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Masobe Books reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Masobe Books a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Corporate Identification and Trademarks
All of our trademarks, service marks and trade names used herein (including but not limited to the corporate names and logos of Masobe and its publishing divisions and imprints, names and designs of the Sites, and any logos) are trademarks or registered trademarks of Masobe or its affiliates, partners, vendors or licensors. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, or modify such trademarks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on the Sites, without Masobe’s express prior written consent. The use of our trademarks on any other website or network computer environment is not allowed. You are granted a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to create a link to any page of the Sites so long as the link does not portray us, our content providers, our licensors, our affiliates, or our products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any Masobe logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission. Except as expressly stated herein, no rights or licenses are granted hereunder.
For all charges for any products and services sold on the Sites, Masobe or its vendors or agents will bill your credit or debit card or an alternative payment method. When you provide credit or debit card information to us or our vendors, you represent to us that you are the authorized user of the credit or debit card that is used to pay for the products and services. In the event legal action is necessary to collect on balances due, you agree to reimburse Masobe and its vendors or agents for all expenses incurred to recover sums due, including attorney’s fees and other legal expenses. You are responsible for purchase of, and payment of charges for, all Internet access services and telecommunications services needed for use of the Sites.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavourably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Masobe Books; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Masobe Books. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Masobe Books’ logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
Where we have specifically invited or requested user-submitted content of any kind, we encourage members of the public to submit such content (e.g., user-generated content, postings to forums, comments on content, participation in communities) to Masobe Books that they have created for consideration in connection with the Sites and any related programs (“User Submissions”). User Submissions remain the intellectual property of the individual user. By posting your content on the Sites, you expressly grant Masobe Books a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up worldwide, fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, perform and display such content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Submission, in whole or in part, and in any form throughout the world in any media or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, including all promotion, advertising, marketing, merchandising, publicity and any other ancillary uses thereof, and including the unfettered right to sublicense such rights, in perpetuity throughout the universe. We may refuse or remove User Submissions for any reason and without notice. All User Submissions are deemed non-confidential and Masobe Books shall be under no obligation to maintain the confidentiality of any information, in whatever form, contained in any User Submission.
By submitting any User Submissions, you consent to the following rules:
- User Submissions must not infringe on the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights of any third party. If your User Submission is not your original work, you must obtain all necessary permissions from any persons who contributed to or otherwise may control rights in all or part of the User Submission to submit the User Submission in accordance with these Terms.
- User Submissions must not violate a third party’s right to privacy or publicity. You must obtain all necessary permissions from any individuals identified in or implicated by your User Submission, including those shown in photographic content, and, in the case of minors, also from their parents or legal guardians, as appropriate.
- User Submissions should relate to the content on the Sites and should be intended to add to the discussion and community on the Sites.
- User Submissions must be respectful of others. Epithets or other language or material intended to intimidate or to incite violence are strictly prohibited. Your User Submission may not include any negative comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or physical handicap or that are defamatory, slanderous, indecent, obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit.
- User Submissions may not contain any commercial material. You may not solicit funds, promote commercial entities or otherwise engage in commercial activity through your User Submission. Soliciting other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization is expressly prohibited.
- Do not impersonate any other person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Do not post personal information (e.g., full name, password, phone number, address, email address or other personally identifiable information or contact information) in public areas of the Site.
All User Submissions must comply with these rules and any additional guidelines posted on the Sites, as applicable. User Submissions do not represent the views of Masobe Books or any individual associated with the brand Masobe, and we do not control this content. In no event shall you represent or suggest, directly or indirectly, Masobe Books’ endorsement of User Submissions. Masobe Books does not vouch for the accuracy or credibility of any User Submissions and does not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions you may take as a result of reading User Submissions on the Sites. Through your use of the Sites, you may be exposed to Content and User Submissions that you may find offensive, objectionable, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. There may also be risks of dealing with underage persons, people acting under false pretence, international trade issues and foreign nationals. By using the Sites, you assume all associated risks.
Removal of User Submissions
In addition to any remedies that we may have at law or in equity, if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have violated or are likely to violate the foregoing prohibitions, we may take any action we deem necessary to cure or prevent the violation, including without limitation, the immediate removal of the related materials from the Sites. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order or subpoena requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
We shall not be held responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that are rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libellous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.